Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Rock Star Supply Co. Final Poster

Here is the final poster I designed for our Rock Star Supply Co. campaign series. I mentioned in my previous post that our group was collaborating on a few pieces; however, we ended up having each person take responsibility for a specific piece. The poster, obviously, was my design assignment. Comparing the first draft to this one, the overall layout and organization of the poster remained the same; however, I made changes to a couple elements. For example, instead of a calculator, the focal image is now a megaphone, which better pertains to the poster's title, "Listen Up". Furthermore, the title banner was switched from a white background with black text, to a black background with white text. Finally, the circle was filled with a tint of the pure green hue, seen in the main background of the poster. All in all, I am very happy with the end product. I think that the design is clean, direct, and striking, which in my opinion, are key components in a successful poster. I particularly love the screen print style of the image. In addition, I think the color palette is successful. The combination of black and white provides great contrast and the vibrant green color adds interest and draws even more attention. In addition, the poster remains cohesive with the other work in our series. The ticket, palm card, and web site landing page can be seen on Katie Lindgren's blog, which shows how we tried to maintain similar elements throughout, such as the typography, image style, circle "ripples" and title banner.

1 comment:

  1. Great job on this project. Your group really listened to what the Rock Stars wanted and made a great campaign. I like the imagery a lot and how they all relate by are different. They definitely read as a a cohesive group. The hierarchy of information is really works well, especially in the poster. The image, heading and supporting text are all working together to get the point across. Again, great job! I can't wait to see these around town :)

    ReplyDelete